Watch CBS News

Man Injured In Propane Explosion During Pool Construction

CHERRY HILLS VILLAGE, Colo. (CBS4)- One man was injured in a propane explosion that happened during construction of a backyard pool in Cherry Hills Village.

The explosion happened Thursday morning in the 2600 block of E. Stanford Drive in Cherry Hills. The worker was rushed to Swedish Medical Center with burns.

South Metro Firefighters rushed to the home.

The worker was part of a construction crew working on a pool in the backyard. They were using propane tanks to keep the equipment warm overnight. When the man lit the heater it blew up in his face.

Firefighters said one of the tanks had been leaking and that's what is believed to have caused the explosion.

Other damage from the explosion included a melted tarp and some burned materials. No one inside the home was hurt. The home was not damaged.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.