Watch CBS News

Tipped-Over Candle Named As Cause For Lakewood House Fire Tuesday

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) -- West Metro Fire Protection District responded to a house fire investigators say was caused accidentally by a candle that was tipped over in Lakewood Tuesday morning. The total estimated damage to the home was $500,000.

According to the West Metro Fire tweet, firefighters responded to the house in the 6000 block of W Lakeridge Road near S Harlan Street, where everyone inside at the time of the fire got out OK.

The fire was contained to the basement of the home, but there was smoke damage throughout, ultimately leading to the half-million in damages.

Lakeridge Road House Fire 1 (West Metro)
(credit: West Metro Fire)
View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.