(CBS4) - Rep. Jason Crow, a Democrat who represents Colorado's 6th Congressional District, will be one of seven impeachment managers for the U.S. House of Representatives. The House is expected to formally transmit the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Senate on Wednesday.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi made the announcement about which managers will present House Democrats' case during the Senate trial Wednesday morning.
Trump has maintained the impeachment proceedings were a hoax. Pelosi says she had looked to get a diverse group of Congress members to be managers, including some who are new to Congress like Crow. Crow is in his first term in Congress.
The other managers are as follows:
- Rep. Adam Schiff of California, House Intelligence Committee chairman
- Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York, House Judiciary Committee chairman
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York, House Democratic Caucus chairman
- Rep. Val Demings of Florida
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California, Committee on House Administration chairwoman
- Rep. Sylvia Garcia of Texas
MORE FROM CBSNEWS.COM: What are impeachment managers and what do they do?
for more features.