Watch CBS News

Flames Shoot From Roof In Early Morning House Fire

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (CBS4) - A house caught on fire in Commerce City before daybreak on Monday and firefighters were able to rescue a pet from the burning home.

The house is located near the intersection of 56th Avenue and Monaco Street.

fire
(credit: CBS)

Flames were shooting from the home at approximately 6:30 a.m., but fire crews attacked the fire and doused the flames fairly quickly. Crews stayed on scene to extinguish hot spots.

Monaco garage fire pic from SAFD
(credit: CBS)

No one was hurt and the entire family, as well as pets, escaped the fire... except one. Lt. Ottaway rescued the final pet still in the home during the fire: a guinea pig!

Monaco garage fire guinea pig rescue from SAFD
(credit: CBS)

He was rescued and reunited with his family.

There's no word yet on how the fire started.

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.