DENVER (CBS4)- The Dumb Friends League is hoping the owner of a cat who was found with burns comes forward.
The cat, now called "Phoneix" was found in the laundry room of an apartment complex in Denver.
Veterinarians believe she was trying to keep warm under a dryer but got trapped. Her fur was scorched and she suffered burns to her face and ears.
Her burns are mostly superficial and veterinarians are using ointment to treat her.
She is about 10 months old and a little frightened after that experience.
She will remain at the Dumb Friends League while she is recovering and if after five days her owners do not come to get her, she will be placed up for adoption.
for more features.