Watch CBS News

Fireworks Investigated After Apartment Building Goes Up In Flames

THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4)- Fire officials say fireworks started an apartment fire late Monday night in Thornton.

An apartment building at 10211 Ura Lane in Thornton, near 104th and Pecos, went up in flames late Monday night.

thornton fire copy
(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)

When crews arrived, flames were seen shooting from the first floor to the third floor.

One resident told CBS4 that the fire was so hot it melted his weightlifting equipment.

Thornton Fire officials say three juveniles were taken to the Thornton Police Department for questioning, but no one is in custody and as of Tuesday afternoon, no charges were filed.

Three people were rushed to the hospital.

thornton fire pic copy
(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)

Three units were damaged and all 15 units in Building 9 were uninhabitable. Residents will be displaced for another day.

thronton fire2 copy
(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.