CHICAGO (CBS) — President Trump's Twitter attack on MSNBC television host Mika Brzezinski sparked outrage on social media and a response from the target of his tweets, Brzezinski.
1. Mika Brzezinski tweeted a photo of a box of Cheerios shortly after Trump tweeted that Brzezinski "was bleeding badly from a face-lift."
2. CNN's Jake Tapper weighed in, asking "how is FLOTUS's campaign against cyber-bullying going?
3. J.K. Rowling quoted Abraham Lincoln in her tweet, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
4. Model Chrissy Tiegen called Trump "a national embarrassment."
5. GOP lawmaker Ben Sasse (R-Neb) tweeted his disapproval. "Please just stop. This isn't normal and it's beneath the dignity of your office."
CNN reports that First Lady Melania Trump is standing by her husband after his tweets about Brzezinski. "As the First Lady has stated publicly in the past, when her husband gets attacked, he will punch back 10 times harder," the first lady's communications director Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.
for more features.