Watch CBS News

Police Report: Ravens Kicker Kaare Vedvik Doesn't Remember What Led Up To Assault

BALTIMORE (WJZ) -- The police report was released Tuesday after Ravens rookie kicker Kaare Vedvik was assaulted Saturday in east Baltimore.

Vedvik, a kicker and punter from Norway, was placed on the team's reserve injury list Sunday.

Police say the assault happened just before 4 a.m. Saturday. When officers arrived in the area of the 2000 block of Boone St., they found the victim, identified as Vedvik. He was suffering from upper body injuries.

He was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore for treatment.

Ravens Rookie Kicker Kaare Vedvik Found Injured In East Baltimore, Hospitalized At Shock Truama

According to the police report, Vedvik was out in Fells Point earlier in the evening before he was assaulted, but he doesn't remember the circumstances that led to his assault.

Vedvik was out with a couple of teammates, but they decided they wanted to leave. Vedvik reportedly decided to stay out with a couple ladies he was with.

The teammates he was out with said they called him just after 3 a.m., and Vedvik said he was "good."

Later on, the kicker would end up three miles away from Fells, in the 200 block of Boone Street in East Baltimore, where he was assaulted and robbed around 4 a.m.

Vedvik reportedly told the head of security for the Ravens, Darren Sanders, that he doesn't remember anything after that phone call with teammates, including how he ended up in the area where the assault happened.

Vedvik told Sanders that his wallet and cell phone were gone.

"My dad said nothing good ever happens after midnight and it was well after midnight," said Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh. "We'll be talking to our young guys next year, I guess. Be a little smarter,"

It was a night out with teammates that ended with the 24-year-old being assaulted and robbed, which may have cost him a job in the NFL.

"It was disappointing for him because I think it cost him a chance to kick in this league. He would've had a shot. There was plenty of trade talks," said Harbaugh.

Harbaugh said on Monday that Vedvik's face remained swollen and stitched up.

Police have not released any information on potential suspects.

Follow @WJZ on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.