Watch CBS News

Fire That Killed Md. Man Ruled Accidental

SHARPSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Fire officials say a blaze that killed a Sharpsburg man was accidently caused when wood components near a stove ignited.

The fire was reported about 5:15 a.m. Monday in a house trailer. The Deputy State Fire Marshal's Office said 42-year-old John Thomas King was trapped in the blaze and died of smoke inhalation and burns.

Officials say there were no smoke alarms in the house trailer.

Damage was estimated at $45,000.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.