Watch CBS News

Fire Causes More Than $100K In Damage To Harford County Home

WHITEFORD, Md. (WJZ) -- A Whiteford home undergoing a renovation suffered more than $100,000 in damage after a fire broke out Wednesday morning, the state fire marshal's office said.

Firefighters were called to the 1600 block of Chestnut Street just before 9:30 a.m. after a neighbor discovered the fire.

It took 70 firefighters an hour to get the two-alarm blaze under control.

The cause is believed to be accidental as a result of a number of rags in a hallway spontaneously combusting.

The fire caused $100,000 in damage to the structure and another $5,000 to its contents.

No injuries were reported.

whiteford fire
Courtesy: Office of the State Fire Marshal
View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.