BALTIMORE (WJZ) -- Officials want to remind boaters and beachgoers to be cautious and aware on the water over the Labor Day weekend, especially after severe weather from the remnants of Hurricane Ida brings more debris into the state's waterways.
Tips from the Coast Guard:
- Always wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket while underway.
- Make sure your life jacket is properly fitted.
- Don't drink and boat.
- Make a VHF radio your go-to means of communicating in an emergency.
- Locator beacons can help us find you faster.
- File a float plan.
- Look at the weather and tides before you head out.
- Dress for the water, not for the weather.
Stay safe and enjoy the "unofficial end" of summer!
for more features.