Live

Watch CBSN Live

Adenovirus death: Father says dorm mold "didn't help" ill daughter

The University of Maryland is trying to calm fears that recent mold problems on campus could be linked to a virus that caused a student's death. Freshman Olivia Paregol, 18, died on Sunday after contracting adenovirus, which typically causes respiratory illness. The university said five more students have illnesses tied to the virus, but insists there's "no consistent connection" to mold. Olivia's father believes the school could have done more. Jericka Duncan reports
View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue