Watch CBS News

SF Crews Extinguish House Fire Started by Discarded Barbecue Embers

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) -- Fire crews responded Saturday afternoon to a one-alarm fire in San Francisco's Excelsior District that was started by discarded barbecue coals, fire officials said.

No one was injured or displaced in the blaze, reported about 2 p.m. at a two-story home in the 500 block of Athens Street, according to a Twitter post by the San Francisco Fire Department.

The fire contained by 2:30 p.m. and deemed accidental, officials said.

© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.