Watch CBS News

Hoverboard Explodes Inside Petaluma Home

PETALUMA (CBS SF) -- Firefighters responded after a hoverboard caught fire and exploded in a Petaluma home, sending embers and pieces of the device throughout the residence.

The hoverboard was plugged into a wall outlet and charging when it burst into flames Monday night.

Firefighters arriving to the scene found the home filled with light smoke.

There were no injuries from the explosion, and the damage to the home was estimated to be $10,000.

Monday's fire is the third such fire in the Bay Area in the last two months. Last week, a hoverboard was blamed for a in a Santa Rosa home that killed two dogs. In December, one of the toys caught fire at a home in Brentwood.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.