SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) - The 49ers are reportedly about to lose their franchise running back, and now rumors have surfaced that quarterback Colin Kaepernick may be following Frank Gore out of town.
Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston reported overnight that San Francisco is shopping the fourth-year pro and at least two teams are interested.
The 49ers official website shot back at that early Monday with the following:
ESPN's Adam Schefter, who was first to report the rumored Gore signing, appears to be hearing the same from his sources.
However, Braddock is sticking by his story.
49ERS IN TURMOIL:
• 49ers Fullback Bruce Miller Arrested On Suspicion Of Spousal Battery
• 6 Offseason Moments Where You Were Forced To Admit The 49ers Are Rebuilding
• 49ers Expected To Lose Defensive Stars Patrick Willis, Justin Smith To Retirement
• 49ers Front Office Tries To Cool Rumors Of Kaepernick Trade Talks
• Report: 49ers Star Running Back Frank Gore Heading To Eagles
Last off-season, Kaepernick signed a six year contract extension to stay with the 49ers. That contract has since been described at "team-friendly" by many pundits, meaning the 27-year-old could be viewed as an attractive addition by other teams.
for more features.