NEW KENSINGTON (KDKA) - Charges have been filed against the cousin of Rahmael Holt, the man convicted in former New Kensington Police Officer Brian Shaw's death.
During Holt's death penalty trial, in which he was found guilty and sentenced to death, KDKA's Meghan Schiller reports several witnesses testified that they believed Holt's cousin Lisa Harrington might have removed the murder weapon from the home Holt was staying at.
#NEW Charges filed against Rahmael Holt's cousin, Lisa Harrington. She did *not* testify in her cousin's trial. Several witnesses testified saying they believed Harrington removed the murder weapon from the home where Holt was staying at the time. @KDKA pic.twitter.com/LG9XXLbI8M
— MEGHAN SCHILLER (@MeghanKDKA) November 18, 2019
Harrington was previously accused of helping Holt avoid arrest after Shaw's fatal shooting.
During the trial, witnesses testified that Harrington was at the home and she was seen leaving with a paper bag.
On Nov. 14, the jury convicted 31-year-old Holt of first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer for the shooting death of Officer Shaw in 2017. The jury delivered a guilty verdict on all four counts, finding Holt guilty of "First Degree Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer."
Officer Shaw, 25, was shot three times at close range. He died within minutes of the shooting, nearly two years ago, following a traffic stop on Leishman Avenue in New Kensington.
Harrington is now facing multiple charges, including tampering and destroying evidence.
The murder weapon was never found.
- 'Incredible Stupidity': DA, Defense Attorney Deliver Opening Statements In Rahmael Holt Trial
- Key Witness Takes Stand On Day 2 Of Holt Trial, Offers Testimony On Letters Holt Wrote From Jail
- Witness: Rahmael Holt Appeared Anxious, 'Not Himself' On Night Of Officer's Shooting
- Focus Turns To Pair Of Levi's Jeans In Rahmael Holt Trial, Jury Also Sees Crime Scene Photos
- Two Tracfones Found By Police Become Key Evidence In Rahmael Holt Trial
- Prosecution, Defense Present Closing Arguments On Day 6 Of Rahmael Holt's Trial
- Rahmael Holt Found Guilty In The Death Of Former New Kensington Police Officer Brian Shaw
- 'I Will Never Forgive You': Officer Shaw's Family Gives Emotional Testimony During Sentencing Phase
- More Reports On This Story
for more features.