Chef Dan of Legends of the North Shore, stopped by PTL today to show off this delicious recipe!
Greens and Beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup spring mix greens ( ORGANIC ,RED LEAF,ARUGULA,RADICCHIO AND GREEN OAK)
- 1 cup baby Romaine
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
To prepare the Greens and Beans : Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add all of the greens; they will crackle and start to wilt. Using tongs, toss for 3 to 4 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic; toss. Add the cannellini beans; toss. Add the vegetable stock; toss
Sprinkle in the cheese and blend it in -- the cheese helps to develop a sauce. Continue heating and tossing until the mixture is warmed through but the greens are still crunchy, seasoning with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
for more features.