This week, Chef Bill Fuller, of the big Burrito Group is in the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen making another one of his tasty recipes!
Sauteed Halibut, Corn, Chanterelle, and Basil Panzenella
4 ea. 8 oz. halibut filets
1 ea. Large chunk of stale focaccia
Extra virgin olive oil to coat
2-3 ea. Large, ripe tomatoes
2 ea. Peeled garlic cloves
½ C. Extra virgin olive oil
½ # Chanterelles mushrooms
2-3 Tbs Whole butter
¼ # Beans, sliced thinly
1 C. Fresh corn kernels
1 C. Picked fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1. Dice focaccia into very small cubes. Toast in a skillet over medium heat with regular stirring. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove to a paper towel to drain
2. Quarter tomatoes. Remove core.
3. Puree tomatoes by running through food mill. Remember, three turns forward, 1 turn back.
4. Grate garlic into tomato puree. Whisk in olive oil, adjust seasonings. Hold at room temperature.
5. Heat large skillet over high heat. Sauté halibut in olive oil. When well browned on first side, turn and allow to finish on second side.
6. Remove fish to a warm plate.
7. Return skillet to heat. When hot, add chanterelle mushrooms and whole butter.
8. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Add corn and beans. Cook another minute. Season, toss with basil and toasted bread cubes.
9. Spoon pool of sauce on plate. Top with pile of corn mixture, top with fish.
for more features.