"She has brought a new vitality to this show and the ratings prove it."
- Barbara Walters, on Rosie O'Donnell, her new co-host on "The View."
"I felt very remorseful for having thrown the phone at someone that didn't deserve it. I have a deep sense of shame for the things I've done."
- Naomi Campbell, convicted of phone tossing.
"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again."
- Isaiah Washington, on his use of an anti-gay slur about a "Grey's Anatomy" castmate.
"Could you double check the envelope?"
- Martin Scorsese, winner of the best director Oscar for "The Departed."
"I've been chased and hounded for 10 months and told I'm a publicity-seeker, yet I've never gone out and done anything."
- Heather Mills, on her high-profile divorce from Paul McCartney.
"I'm a good person, but I said a bad thing. But these young women deserve to know it was not said with malice."
- Don Imus, on his racial slur against the Rutgers women's basketball team.
"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child."
- Alec Baldwin, caught yelling at his daughter on a leaked voicemail message.
"Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD."
- Britney Spears.
"I think it's a great ending. It's a good way to go out."
- Michael Imperioli, on the love-it-or-hate-it finale of "The Sopranos."
"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute."
- Paris Hilton.
"Finishing it was very, very emotional. It was a combination of relief and sadness really."
- J.K. Rowling, on completing the final volume of her "Harry Potter" fantasy series.
"My biggest inspiration and biggest competition is Justin Timberlake. ... We push each other. I look at me and Justin like Prince and Michael Jackson in their day."
- Kanye West.
"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."
- Owen Wilson, after his alleged suicide attempt.
"We're not done. They say, 'Any plans for a fifth?' And I say, 'And a sixth, and a seventh, and an eighth, and a ninth.' That's my answer."
- Brad Pitt, on his growing family with Angelina Jolie.
"After nearly 15 minutes of soul-searching, I have heard the call."
- Stephen Colbert, announcing his candidacy for president.
"When I first heard about it I spent about a half-hour going around my house crying."
- Oprah Winfrey, on learning of allegations that a dorm matron at her South African academy for disadvantaged girls had abused students.
"I thought that I was cool enough in the black world to be able to use that word as a brother to a brother. I'm not."
- Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of "Dog the Bounty Hunter," apologizing for using the N-word conversationally.
"My wife has been in California for about three weeks. ... Holy smokes. Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me."
- Hulk Hogan, after learning that his wife had filed for divorce.
"The biggest phenomenon in all this is that the kid's been able to keep her head on her shoulders. She hasn't flipped out. I'm going to knock on wood."
- Billy Ray Cyrus, on his 15-year-old daughter, Miley, star of the Disney Channel series "Hannah Montana."
"I'm ready to make nice!"
- Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, accepting the Grammy for album of the year for "Taking the Long Way."