Last Updated Sep 15, 2008 12:30 AM EDT
Key messages from Day 1:
- Increase your return on imagination --- give people time to think. (Tom Wujec, Canada)
- Increase granularity --- dis-aggregate data to find new opportunities. (Mehrdad Baghai, USA)
- Collaboration 21st-century style (Web 2.0 contributing and sharing) is affecting how we innovate --- but corporates still don't get it. (Peter Williams, Australia)
- The imperative to reduce our carbon footprint is driving innovation --- applying natural capitalism principles will deliver competitive advantage. (Hunter Lovins, USA)
- What are the barriers to innovation?
- How can we make innovation actually happen and stop just talking about it?
- How can we build a culture that supports innovation --- when your title is not CEO?
- Gather people for say 20 minutes
- Define the focus/topic
- Give everyone 1 minute to write down one idea per post-it note
- Discuss ideas for 5 minutes, putting post-it notes on butcher's paper as the ideas are shared
- Nominate a scribe to capture key thoughts/discussions
- Summarise the thinking into Top 3 Ideas/Thoughts (Creating a 3-course Take Away Menu to go with the CafÃ© theme)
- Collate and share the thinking with others
- Take action --- support people in taking their ideas further