(CBS/AP) Tyler Perry's studio is functioning even after part of it caught fire Tuesday night, officials say.
There were no reports of injuries from the blaze that began shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday and burned through the building's exterior surface, Atlanta Fire Capt. Jolyon Bundrige said.
"It was all in flames," Dorothy Ware, who lives in a high-rise apartment next door to the studio complex, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution."The building started popping. Whatever the fire was hitting, was blowing up. There were plenty of sparks coming over here where we are."
More than 100 firefighters responded to the blaze, and they were able to limit the damage because the building is broken up into sections, Bundridge told WSB-TV.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
The "Dairy of a Mad Black Woman" filmmaker was at the complex Tuesday night and spoke with Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran, Bundrige said, but he has not released an official statement.
The studio complex includes a 200,000-square-foot studio, five sound stages and a 400-seat theater in southwest Atlanta, according to its website.