As the year winds to a close, it's time to look back on some of the killer apps we've covered in 2007. Here's a list of my personal favorites:
Those are my favorites -- what are yours? Hit the Comments and tell us about your most beloved apps of the year.
- GIMP 2.4 Photoshop-caliber image editing without the high price. In fact, there's no price at all: GIMP is an open-source (read: free) application.
- ODIR The Outlook Duplicate Items Remover does exactly what it promises: finds and removes duplicate entries in your contact list, calendar, note pad, task list, and inbox. Indispensable.
- PPT to YouTube This handy bit of freeware turns PowerPoint presentations into YouTube-compatible MP4 or WMV files and optimizes them for online viewing.
- Revo Uninstaller Faster, easier, and more thorough than Windows' own uninstaller, Revo sends unwanted software packing -- and stray Registry entries along with it.
- Startup Delayer My single favorite app of 2007, Startup Delayer makes Windows boot faster by delaying selected programs so they don't run immediately on startup. Hey, Microsoft: Buy this program!