A sales call is a waste of time if...
- REASON #1: ...you can't provide the customer with insight and information that the customer would normally pay to receive.
- REASON #2: ...you can communicate about your offerings, but know little or nothing about the customer's industry and competition.
- REASON #3: ...you can articulate the value of your offerings to the customer, but not the value of doing business with YOUR firm.
- REASON #4: ...you need to ask the customer contact questions that you could easily learn by browsing around on the Internet.
- REASON #5: ...you have not previously determined that this customer is financially capable of buying your firm's offering.