1. We are conscious of the fact that the history of humanity is replete with major atrocities as a result of the gross violation of human rights and believe that lessons can be learnt through remembering history to avert future tragedies.
2. We recall that the Holocaust must never be forgotten.
3. We recognize with deep concern religious tolerance against certain religious communities, as well as the emergence of hostile acts and violence against such communities because of their religious beliefs and their racial or ethnic origin in various part of the world, which in particular limit their right to freely practice their belief.
4. We also recognize with deep concern the increase in anti-Semitism and Islamophobia in various part of the world, as well as the emergence of racial and violent movements based on racism and discriminatory ideas against Jewish, Muslim and Arab communities.
5. We are conscious that humanity's history is replete with terrible wrongs inflicted through lack of respect for the equality of human beings and note with alarm the increase of such practices in various parts of the world, and we urge people, particularly in conflict situations, to desist from racist incitement, derogatory language and negative stereotyping.
5. We are concerned about the plight of the Palestinian people under foreign occupation. We recognize the inalienable right of the Palestinian people to self-determination and to the establishment of an independent state and we recognize the right to security for all states in the region, including Israel, and call upon all states to support the peace process and bring it an early conclusion.
6. We call for a just, comprehensive and lasting peace in the region in which all peoples shall coexist and enjoy equality, justice and internationally recognized human rights, and security.
7. We recognize the right of the refugees to return voluntarily to their homes and properties in dignity and safety, and urge all states to facilitate such return.
©MMI The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed