Texas A&M frat member dies of likely overdose, four arrested

Four Texas A&M Students were arrested after a student died of an apparent drug overdose. From left to right: Samuel Patterson, Michael Frymire, Christian Sandford, Ty Robertson.

CBSDFW.com

COLLEGE STATION, Texas  - Police say a preliminary investigation has determined that a Texas A&M University student found unresponsive at a fraternity house died of a drug overdose.

College Station police said in a statement that the unidentified 19-year-old was found early Saturday at the Sigma Nu fraternity. The student, who was a member of the fraternity, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Investigators say it’s not clear what drug the student ingested.

Police determined other drugs were in the house and four young men, ages 18 to 21, were arrested for possession. Others were cited for having drug paraphernalia.

CBSDFW.com reports that two of the men, 21-year-old Samuel Patterson and 20-year-old Michael Frymire, were charged with possession of a controlled substance.

Patterson was charged with having fewer than 20 units of LSD and less than one gram of MDMA, and Frymire for having less than one gram of hash oil.

The two other men, 18-year-old Christian Sandford and 21-year-old Ty Robertson, were charged with possession of marijuana.

Frymire is from Dallas and Robertson from Granbury.

The fraternity’s national office issued a statement saying Sigma Nu will assist authorities with the investigation.