Last Updated Jul 16, 2010 1:51 PM EDT
- All smartphones suffer from grip-related signal issues.
- Only a tiny percentage of customers have called AppleCare to complain about reception.
- Only 1.7 percent of buyers have returned their iPhone 4 -- versus 6 percent of 3GS buyers.
- The iPhone does drop more calls per 100 calls than the 3GS -- but it's still a tiny number overall.
- The reason the antenna has received so much attention is that so few people bought cases for the iPhone 4 (because so few were available at launch).
- Everyone who wants one gets a free case. People who bought a case already can get a refund.
On the other hand, Apple's PR department did a terrible job handling the media. They might have been following orders from upstairs, but it doesn't matter -- the damage has been done. For the foreseeable future, Apple will have to live with the perception that it doesn't "love its users" like it says it does.
There, I've said my piece. What do you think? Did Apple handle this appropriately? Are you satisfied with the free/refunded case? Or is all this too little, too late? Vote in our poll!