How much should I pay? It's the question that underpins almost every decision we make — from the supermarket to the mall, from your college choice to your home and your investment portfolio. If we spend too much, we worry about getting our money's worth. If we take the budget option, we face a different set of concerns: Will it be any good? Will it last? (Will our friends think we're cheap?)
MoneyWatch asked its columnists to weigh in on when to shell out the big money, and when to go the less expensive route. They weighed in on subjects ranging from cars and baby and toddler gear to remodeling projects and retirement planning. See the full package below.
- When to Skimp ... & When to Splurge
- Cars: Best Wheels for a Millionaire
- Baby Gear: Strollers vs. Car Seats
- Toddler Gear: Should You Splurge on Organic Food?
- Home Improvement: Which Projects Boost Your Home's Value?
- Retirement Coverage: When to Pay More
- Starting a Business? Where to Focus Your Time and Money