(CBS/WCBS/AP) NEW YORK - Prosecutors are going to agree to drop the charges against Dominique Strauss-Kahn at his next court date, but the former head of the International Monetary Fund is now facing a new sexual assault allegation in France, according to reports.
A source told the New York Post that the May charges against Strauss-Kahn for allegedly sexually assaulting a housekeeper in his suite in New York are not "sustainable" and will be dropped either on his next court date in two weeks or even sooner.
Last week it was reported that prosecutors were beginning to believe the story may have been made up due to major holes in the woman's credibility, and a judge agreed to release Struass-Kahn without bail on his own recognizance.
Now, the 62-year-old potentially faces another sexual assault charge. French writer Tristane Banon is expected to file a criminal complaint in Paris Tuesday, reports CBS station WCBS.
Banon came forward after Strauss-Kahn's May 14 arrest in New York to accuse him of wrenching open her bra and trying to unbutton her jeans in 2002. Lawyer David Koubbi said Banon had been dissuaded at the time from filing charges by her mother, a regional councilor in Strauss-Kahn's Socialist party.
Koubbi also had said his client had no intention of pressing charges while the American prosecution was going on because the two cases should be kept separate. Now, Banon is pressing forward, Koubbi told The Associated Press.
Banon said the fact that he recently had his bail returned and his house arrest lifted for attempted rape charges in the U.S. motivated her to take legal action, reports the station.
She told the french magazine "L'Express" that "I cannot stand to hear that I am a liar because I did not file complaints. And now, to see Strauss-Kahn free at dinner at a luxury restaurant with friends, it makes me sick."
Strauss-Kahn said Banon was making the whole thing up. He said the same thing about allegations lodged by a housekeeper from the Bronx at the Sofitel Hotel in Manhattan.