In the morning, President Obama will meet with his national security team on Afghanistan and Pakistan in the Situation Room.
Expected attendees include:
- Vice President Joe Biden
- Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State
- Timothy Geithner, Secretary of the Treasury
- Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense
- Rahm Emanuel, Chief of Staff
- General James Jones, National Security Advisor
- Tom Donilon, Deputy National Security Advisor
- John Brennan, Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Advisor
- Ambassador Susan Rice, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- David Gompert, Acting Director of National Intelligence
- Leon Panetta, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Rajiv Shah, Administrator, USAID
- James Steinberg, Deputy Secretary of State
- Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- General James Cartwright, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Doug Lute, Coordinator for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- John Tien, Senior Director for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- General David Petraeus, U.S. Central Command
- General Stanley McChrystal, Commander, International Security Assistance Force and Commander, U.S. Forces Afghanistan
- Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan (via videoconference)
- Ambassador Anne Patterson, U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan (via videoconference)
Mr. Obama is expected to hold a separate meeting with General Stanley McChrystal before the larger group meeting.
In the afternoon, the president will have lunch with senators in the Old Family Dining Room. Later, he and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend an event on the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Nutrition at Columbia Heights Educational Campus.
Later in the afternoon, the president and the vice president will meet with Secretary of State Clinton in the Oval Office. The president will then meet with senior advisers in the Oval Office.
Here's the Full Schedule from the White House (all times Eastern):
11:35AM: President Obama meets with his national security team on Afghanistan and Pakistan
1:10PM: President Obama has lunch with senators
2:50PM: President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama attend the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Nutrition Event
4:30PM: President Obama and Vice President Biden meet with Secretary of State Clinton
5:00PM: President Obama meets with senior advisers