OSLO, Norway - Norway's national broadcaster NRK has named the suspect in the Oslo bombing and youth camp shooting spree Friday as Anders Behring Breivik.
NRK and other Norwegian media also posted pictures of the blond and blue-eyed Norwegian. NRK says police searched the 32-year-old's apartment in Oslo overnight.
Police are working to clarify whether Breivik had an accomplice, police inspector Einar Aas Oslo Police District told Norwegian media outlet, VG.
Police have confirmed 91 deaths in the attacks: Seven from the bombing, and 84 at the political youth camp where the gunman opened fire after allegedly setting off a bomb in Oslo.
Norwegian media reported that the suspect belonged to an extreme right wing group, calling himself a "nationalist," and had at least a Glock pistol and machine gun registered in his name. He allegedly ran a company, GeoFarm, involved in farming "vegetables, melons, roots and tubers," and would have had access to chemical fertilizers used in bomb-making.
He allegedly bought six tons of ammonium nitrate fertilizers on May 4 this year.
Another Norwegian media source, VG, reported that Breivik was not known to the police and did not have an extensive military background.
Police have not named the man detained but police official Roger Andresen confirmed to reporters that a suspect in custody was being questioned for both assaults, and is cooperating with investigators.
"He is clear on the point that he wants to explain himself," Roger Andresen told reporters Saturday.
In a July 17 tweet Breivik wrote, "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100,000 WHO only garden interests."
National police chief Sveinung Sponheim told NRK that the suspected gunman's Internet postings "suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views, but whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen." A Breivik Facebook page, which is no longer available, listed body building and freemasonry as interests.
TV 2 News Channel reported that Breivik has previously been a member of the Progress Party's Youth and Oslo FRP.
Andersen said the suspect posted on websites with Christian fundamentalist tendencies. He did not describe the websites in any more details.
A police official said the suspect appears to have acted alone in both attacks, and that "it seems like this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because that information had not been officially released by Norway's police.
"It seems it's not Islamic-terror related," the official said. "This seems like a madman's work."