Placido Domingo has undergone surgery to remove a cancerous polyp from his colon and is expected to make a full recovery.
Spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer said Monday that the 69-year-old Spanish tenor had surgery last week at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and was released Sunday.
Seltzer says the malignancy was localized. She says Domingo is expected to resume his singing schedule at Milan's Teatro alla Scala on April 16 with a performance of Verdi's "Simon Boccanegra."
In addition to singing and conducting, Domingo will continue as general director of the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera.