In fact, the Pfizer card may not be used in lieu of a discount, the DOH said. Under a list of drug prices published in GMA, Pfizer's Norvasc, currently selling at P70 per 10 mg, will fall to P9.60 - 38.50
The bribe allegation -- made by Senate President Juan Ponce-Enrile -- also spurred Pfizer to take out full-page ads in Philippines newspapers decrying the claim:
In its "open letter to the Filipino people," Pfizer said it was "deeply concerned" over the accusations of bribery in recent news reports.GMA also reported that Pfizer will extend to all government employees the benefit of its discount program.
"We categorically deny this allegation and consider this a grave affront to our reputation ... We have always sought to provide wider access to our high quality medicines," it said.
- "Bribe" or No, Pfizer May Get Its Way in Philippines
- Pfizer "Bribe" Scandal in Philippines Heats Up; Company Offered Posters to the President
- UPDATED: Pfizer Accused of "Bribe" to Stave Off Price Control Law in Philippines
- Pfizer Catches Flak for Giving Drug Discounts to Some But Not All Filipinos
- Pfizer to Close S.F. Biotech Center in Favor of Unit Accused in Patent Suit
- Pfizer Patent Suit Could Make Elan Bapineuzamab Talks Go a Whole Lot Easier
- Pfizer's Foreign Viagra Ads: Mailman Jokes; Space Sperm and the Fountain of Youth
- Pfizer's Off-Label Bextra Team Was Called "The Highlanders"