President Barack Obama has named the final five members to an independent commission he created to investigate the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Obama previously named Bob Graham, a former Florida governor and senator, and William K. Reilly, a former Environmental Protection Agency administrator to serve as co-chairs.
The final five members are:
- Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Donald Boesch, president of the University of Maryland's Center for Environmental Science.
- Terry Garcia, a National Geographic Society executive.
- Cherry Murray, dean of Harvard's engineering school.
- Frances Ulmer, chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage.Graham and Reilly on Oil Spill
The bipartisan Commission has been asked to provide recommendations on how future oil spills from offshore drilling can be prevented or their impact can be mitigated.