(CBS/WWJ) FERNDALE, Mich. - Mark Bidwell, a volunteer chaplain at the Ferndale police department, has been relieved of his duties after a man died at his home of a drug overdose.
According to a police report, Bidwell told officers he met Steven Fitch on a gay dating website and they agreed to go to his house for sex. Bidwell said that around 11 p.m., Fitch dosed them each with a syringe of Crystal Meth, reports CBS station WWJ.
The pair had invited a third man to join them, the report states. Around 5 a.m., the two men said Fitch became sick and started turning blue, reports the station.
Police arrived and performed CPR on Fitch but he was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police said they discovered what appears to be blood on the stairs, the wall and the bathroom floor of Bidwell's home. His death has been ruled an overdose.