CHARLESTON, S.C. - A lawsuit against The Citadel charges the South Carolina military college was "grossly negligent" in its handling of a sex abuse complaint four years ago.
The suit was filed Wednesday in Charleston County by attorneys representing the mother of a boy who said he was molested by Louis ReVille.
ReVille was a counselor at The Citadel's summer camp nine years ago. The college received a complaint in 2007 from a camper who said he had been sexually abused at the camp. The military college did an internal investigation, but did not go to police about ReVille at the time.
ReVille is now charged with nine counts of molesting boys in various settings in the Charleston area.
A Citadel spokeswoman said the college does not comment on pending litigation.