SCHOHARIE, N.Y. -- A jury deliberating in the third murder trial of New York millionaire Cal Harris announced that they are deadlocked early Tuesday afternoon, reports CBS affiliate WBNG.
Schoharie County Judge George Bartlett, however, has asked the jurors to continue deliberations, reports the station.
Harris, 55, is accused of killing his estranged wife, Michele, on Sept. 11, 2001, at their home in the town of Spencer, northwest of Binghamton. Prosecutors said the 35-year-old woman was killed while the couple's four young children were asleep upstairs. Her body has never been located, and authorities have not found a murder weapon, although they said small blood spatters were found in the house.
Harris, who was not indicted in his wife's death until September 2005, was convicted the first time in June 2007 and again in August 2009. The two convictions were reversed by appeals courts.
In October 2012, the New York Court of Appeals, the state's highest court, ordered a new trial.
Last year, Cal Harris told CBS News' 48 Hours he feels as though he's been portrayed unfairly.
"That I'm this cold, calculating killer, that this is all about money," Harris said. "People are only getting one side of the story."