Judge, DJ Ordered Freed In Aruba

A.J. Swan, defense lawyer for Paul van der Sloot, far left, speaks to the media after Sloot's release from custody at a police station in Noord, Aruba, Sunday, June 26, 2005.
A judge ordered a party boat disc jockey and the father of a Dutch suspect arrested in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager to be released from jail.

Paul van der Sloot, a high-ranking justice official studying to be a judge on the Dutch Caribbean island, was arrested Thursday as a suspect for collaborating in a crime with his 17-year-old son, according to his lawyer. He was freed Sunday.

"A little bit of the nightmare clouds are now disappearing," van der Sloot's wife, Anita, told The Associated Press. "The truth will always come forward. From the beginning, I trusted everything would be fine."

Anita van der Sloot said the most important thing for her now "is that my son comes (out) free."

Earlier Sunday, a judge also ordered police to release Steven Gregory Croes, the party boat disc jockey held in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, saying authorities did not have enough evidence against him, the man's lawyer said. He was to be released Monday.

Croes, 26, was one of five people held in the case of the 18-year-old young woman last seen in the early hours of May 30. No one has been charged, including the last person reportedly seen with her, 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot.

Searches for Holloway have been fruitless.

Croes is a disc jockey on the party boat Tattoo, which offers nightly dining, dancing and swimming and docks near the Holiday Inn hotel where Holloway had been staying on Aruba, a Dutch protectorate.

"The judge agreed there is not enough proof he was involved to keep holding him," said his lawyer, Eleni Lotter-Homan.

Still jailed are the young van der Sloot and his friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18. Van der Straaten said the judge on Sunday ordered their detention extended another week.

The 17-year-old van der Sloot appears to be focus of the investigation, reports CBS News Correspondent Steve Futterman. He reportedly was alone with Holloway just before she vanished.