She visited The Saturday Early Show and discussed six of the sleekest new fashion combinations.
We're seeing lots of tweed and ribbon detailing, Schwartz says. It's not your grandmother's wardrobe. Everything's been given a modern twist, to get a look that's classic without being dowdy.
First look: tweed jacket/new boot. This look is Chanel-inspired.
- Bebe wool cashmere blend jacket ($169; Bebe.com)
- Michael Kors boots ($298; Intermix)
- Miss Sixty Jeans ($160; Bloomingdale's)
- Chanel bag ($980; Barney's)
Bright colors, shrunken fits, and vintage-inspired styles make tweed jackets new this season. Put your Uggs in the back of the closet, and put these Eskimo-inspired Kors boots in the front of your closet. Mischa Barton is obsessed with Chanel bags, and once everyone else sees these shearling bags, they will be, too.
Second look: Ribbon-detailed suit - this was on the Marc Jacobs runway.
- Tracy Reese wool suit (Jacket $378, Skirt $228; Barney's)
- Christian Loubuton shoes ($490)
- Kate Spade Mock Crock bag ($300)
A ribbon sash is the new belt. Suits are making a huge comeback this season, especially '50s ladylike styles.The embroidered detail on this suit makes it work for both day and night.
Third look: Leopard print is still HOT. But this season, it's printed on the hot "capelets" - the 2004 version of the pashmina!
- Shoshana Leopord polyester capelet ($378; Intermix)
- Ann Taylor pencil skirt ($109; Ann Taylor)
- Sergio Rossi shoes ($545)
- Cavalli clutch ($1,100)
This Dolce and Gabbana-inspired capelet is a great way to cover up for evening. This is definitely not a day look, unless you're going to Donald Trump's place for lunch! This looks great with chic pencil skirts and jeans for a night out on the town.
Fourth: the printed coat - inspired by Tuleh.
- Jill Michelle Wool Coat (Bloomingdale's)
- Theory pants ($240; Bloomingdale's)
- Banana merino turtleneck ($68; Banana Republic)
- Etro Shoes ($550)
- Luella Bag ($595)
If you're going to invest in one piece, make it a bright-colored, vintage printed coat. The special button detail also updates this coat. You can easily change the buttons on your coats at home. A bright-colored bag will add an instant lift to any wardrobe.
Fifth look: graphic prints, inspired by Anna Sui's runway show.
- Tory Burch silk top ($195; Tory Burch stores)
- Tory Burch wool tweed skirt ($295; Tory Burch stores)
- Dolce shoes ($695)
- Banana Republic bag ($138)
A fun shell with a graphic print makes pencil skirts, which we all have, come alive.This top becomes instantly chic with a sleek skirt. Women think it's so important to have a rock on your finger, but actually, it's more important to have rocks on your shoes!
Sixth look: Beaded Cardigan. This is a look we saw on the Versace runway.
- Victoria's Secret cotton cardigan ($68; VS.com)
- Stacy Haase skirt ($375; Bergdorf's)
- Cole Haan shoes ($325)
You probably have a 1950s cardigan like this that was handed down to you from your Mom. The new detail in skirts is cut-out pleating. To avoid looking 10 pounds heavier, always pair full skirts with fitted tops.
This look can dress up jeans or a skirt. It's fabulous for both day and night.