(CBS/AP) ALBANY, Oregon - Grant Acord, a teenager accused of planning to bomb his high school, was arraigned Tuesday on charges that include one count of attempted aggravated murder and six counts of manufacturing and possessing a destructive device, authorities said.
The 17-year-old Acord appeared Tuesday in a video feed from a juvenile detention center where he was sent last week and did not enter a plea.
His bail was set at $2 million.
Acord was arrested Thursday night after police got a tip that he was making a bomb to blow up his high school south of Portland.
On Saturday, District Attorney John Haroldson said Acord will be charged as an adult with attempted aggravated murder.
On Monday, Acord's mother, Marianne Fox, issued a statement through a Corvallis lawyer, Alan Lanker, saying the teenager struggles with a rare form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
The boy lives primarily with Fox, Lanker said. He said he represents the mother and isn't the youth's defense attorney. It's not clear yet who will represent the teen.
Authorities didn't immediately respond to requests for comment about the mother's statement.
The Associated Press normally doesn't name minors accused of crimes but is doing so in this case because of the seriousness of the allegations and because Acord is being charged as an adult.
Haroldson said over the weekend that the alleged plot was "forged and inspired" by the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Colorado. He said investigators found six bombs in a secret compartment under the floorboards of Acord's bedroom, along with written plans, checklists and a diagram of the school.
Acord's classmates say he discussed bomb-making in the weeks before his arrest, but did not speak of a plot to inflict damage.
No bombs were found during searches of the school, and classes will resume as scheduled Tuesday.