What's your dream employer? If you answered Google, you're in good company. Almost one-quarter of 10,000 young professionals who answered a recent survey said that the Internet giant was their dream gig. That was almost twice as many as the No. 2 pick, Apple.
So what exactly is Google doing: Giving away free massages? Well, actually, yes. On the Employee Benefits page, Google CEO Eric Schmidt states: "The goal is to strip away everything that gets in our employees' way. We provide a standard package of fringe benefits, but on top of that are first-class dining facilities, gyms, laundry rooms, massage rooms, haircuts, carwashes, dry cleaning, commuting buses - just about anything a hardworking employee might want."
A cynic might point out that many of those benefits are designed to keep employees from leaving campus - even for lunch or a bang trim. But Google is not just about shiny perks: "Ultimately, people come to Google for the opportunity to work on products that touch millions of people around the world, solve complex problem and work with the brightest minds in engineering," says Yolanda Mangolini, Google's director of talent and outreach programs.
Work -- and play -- with the best and brightest? Sounds like a winning combination. Here are 10 other really good reasons for working at Google:
1. If you have a favorite charity, Google will match your contributions, up to $12,000 a year.
2. Pop a tire on your bike on your way to work? The on-site bike repair specialist is happy to help.
3. Between the rock climbing wall, lap pool and billiards tables, who needs a fancy gym?
4. In 2010, Google celebrated improving numbers by handing out across the board 10 percent raises.
5. Google has been praised by human rights groups for recognizing domestic partners when it comes to benefits like health insurance and bereavement leave.
6. Two words: free lunch.
7. One employee quoted on Google's website says she was surprised by "The number of people who wear Google T-shirts to work! It's like being at a college campus that has tons of school spirit."
8. If rock climbing sounds a little crazy (or you wore a skirt to work), you can blow off some steam with a frenzied foosball match.
9. It may not be a dog's life at Google -- but canine companions are welcome.
10. And rounding out number 10: Free beer. Cheers!
What's your dream job? Please sign in below and share. And for more career advice, follow @MWOnTheJob on Twitter.
More on MoneyWatch: