You may be taking plenty for granted!
To find out, test your knowledge by playing along with a pop quiz registered dietician and Early Show contributor Keri Glassman offered Tuesday.
She went through several food "facts," challenging co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez to say whether they were true or false.
The common assumptions Glassman cited as she put Smith and Rodriguez through their nutritional paces:
1. COFFEE IS DEHYDRATING
2. SEA SALT IS MORE NUTRITIOUS THAN TABLE SALT
3. WHOLE WHEAT IS DIFFERENT FROM WHOLE GRAIN
4. WHITE SUGAR IS AS NUTRITIOUS AS BROWN SUGAR
5. ORGANIC DAIRY HAS MORE NUTRITIONAL VALUE THAN REGULAR DAIRY
6. YOU CAN DRINK TOO MUCH WATER
7. CRAVINGS MEAN YOU ARE DEFICIENT IN CERTAIN NUTRIENTS
So -- think you know whether they're really true?
Click on "Fact or Fiction?" above to play along, or click on the image below to watch the segment to get the answers: