* Even now, no one seems to be sure exactly how many homes John McCain actually owns.
* Rep. Chet Edwards (D-Texas) isn't really on Obama's short-list, is he?
* On Sept. 11, both McCain and Obama will pull their television ads and appear separately at a forum hosted by a coalition called ServiceNation.
* After Obama appears with his yet-to-be-named running mate tomorrow in Springfield, Ill., the two will make campaign stops in Eau Claire on Sunday, the Quad Cities area on Monday, Kansas City on Tuesday, and Billings on Wednesday.
* There's a lot of buzz this morning about Mitt Romney being the frontrunner for McCain's running mate, but Jonathan Cohn raises an interesting point: "If this housing gaffe sticks and John McCain has a hard time shaking the economic elitist level, it's hard to imagine him picking Mitt Romney as running mate. According to documents that Romney released during his presidential run, he is worth between $190 and $250 million, making him the wealthiest presidential candidate to run this election cycle. And, yes, he owns several homes."
* For those of you worried about former Sen. Sam Nunn (D-Ga.) becoming Obama's running mate, rest easy -- he'll be out of the country over the weekend.