Live

Watch CBSN Live

Fla. man electrocuted in wedding ring mishap

PORT ORANGE, Fla. - The routine work of installing a dishwasher ended tragically for a Florida man last Thursday, authorities said.

CBS News Orlando, Fla., affiliate WKMG, reports Jason Ferguson, 33, was electrocuted when his wedding ring came into contact with an unknown object. Police said the accident happened at his in-laws' home in Port Orange while the family was preparing to eat dinner.

Around 7 p.m. they noticed his arm was stretched behind the appliance while he was kneeling. Family members said he was unresponsive and they administered CPR, police said. Ferguson later died after being taken to the hospital.

It is unclear what cause the electrocution, but police said Ferguson, who installs and repairs items at the home could possibly have contacted a copper wire..

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue