MORIARTY, N.M. -– A New Mexico assistant football coach was arrested for child sex abuse on Wednesday, CBS affiliate KRQE reports.
The police chief of Moriarty told KRQE that Assistant Football Coach Damien Hyatt of Moriarty High School was arrested after a warrant from Torrance County. Moriarty Police Department served that warrant and took him into custody.
- Criminal sexual contact and penetration
- Criminal sexual communication with a child
- Criminal solicitation to commit criminal sexual penetration
- Bribery of a witness, contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- Attempt to commit criminal sexual penetration
- Visual medium of sexual exploitation of children
Police believe the charges stem from incidents with female students.
He is held on $150,000 cash or surety bond.
Information is limited at this time with the investigation ongoing.