And "The Early Show" went a little pink -- the color of commemorating breast cancer awareness -- with some of the products viewers can purchase to help make a difference.
Proceeds from the products will benefit the organizations listed:
1. Mood-factory: Sassy Mood-lite - Brighten Our World Pink Mood-lite (25-watt); Price: $4.95; Donation: $0.20 per retail sale & $0.50 per online sale; Available at BrightenOur World.com or Mood-factory.com.
2. Solo Heavy Duty Plates - Plates (22ct) avg retail price: $2.99; Donation - $0.10 per package sold up to a maximum of $50,000 Available at your local grocer.
3. Quickspray Advanced Hand Sanitizing Spray - Price $1.84; Donation: 1 percent of the retail price; Available at Walmart, Wegmans, Kroger.
4. Duraflame, Inc.: duraflame colorlog: Price: $3.99 - $4.99; Donation: 2 percent from each purchase up to a maximum of $75,000; Available at supermarkets nationwide and Target stores.
5. Duck Brand Duct Tape: Price: $2.99 - $5.99; Donation: $0.10 or $0.20 depending on item, up to $25,000; Available at retailers nationwide.
6. Apollo Tools, Ltd.: 135-piece Household Tool Kit: includes 4.8 volt rechargeable cordless screwdriver. Price: $39.99; Donation: $1 per tool kit sold; Available at Target, Target.com; Amazon.com; Sears.com; Walmart.com.
7. Pink W Series Mini Notebook PC Bundle: Price: $499.00
During the month of October, Sony Style supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Sony Electronics will donate $110,000 in conjunction with sales made in October from the Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300RC/B) and the VAIO® W Series Mini Notebook bundle (VPCW111XX/PC) to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
8. Rose Reader Pocket Edition Bundle Price: $199.00
Find a location at Sony Style.com (FOR BOTH VAIO & SONY READER)
1. The New Balance Special Edition Lace Up for the Cure 993, an all pink suede shoe, features the Komen for the Cure pink ribbon, an insert adorned with an anniversary logo denoting the twenty-year partnership and a hangtag that details New Balance's commitment to Komen for the Cure. All special edition 993s will be manufactured in the U.S. and distributed in a new pink and black anniversary box with matching tissue paper, all featuring the Komen pink ribbon. The box's cover provides additional information about New Balance's relationship with Komen. A limited number of customizable anniversary 993s will also be available for purchase in October. Consumers can personalize the tongue of the shoes with a name of their choice and one of the following phrases: "In Honor of," "Running for," "Survivor," or "Lace Up!" MSRP: $140.00 special edition, $150.00 customized special edition.
2. New Balance Lace Up for the Cure 769 MSRP: $100.00
3. New Balance Lace Up for the Cure Sporty Tank. MSRP: $45.00
4. New Balance Lace Up for the Cure Turf Short. MSRP: $42.00
5. New Balance Lace Up for the Cure Motion Jacket. MSRP: $50.00
6. Katydid Collection Tees: Breast Cancer awareness screen-printed tees embellished with rhinestones in black, pink & white 50% of the proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure Price: $29.95 Available at Katydid Collection.
1. Wrigley's Sugarfree Orbit White Gum through the month of October when you buy the Orbit White Bubblemint flat-pack (12 count) or special edition Big-E-Pak (60 count), 10% of your purchase will be donated toward Bright Pink's multiple outreach initiatives. The flat pack Orbit White Bubblemint will retail for $1.09 and the Big-E-Pak will retail for $2.99.
3. Dove Hair Care will donate 10% of sales from participating Dove Therapy packs to support the organization during October. The Dove Hair Care packs retail for $3.76 and are available at drug, food and mass outlet stores nationwide.
1. Breast Cancer Walks SIGG Bottle, CafePress.com, $28
2. Walkin' My Buns Off for Boobs Tote Bag, Café Press.com, $17