Watch CBSN Live

Casey Anthony Trial Update: Meter reader Roy Kronk's 911 calls played

Casey Anthony Trial Update: Meter reader Roy Kronk's 911 calls played
Casey Anthony, right, and her attorney Jose Baez listen during testimony in her murder trial June 28, 2011. AP Photo

(CBS/WKMG/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - The Casey Anthony murder trial resumed after a lunch break Tuesday with the playing of two 911 calls made by meter reader Roy Kronk, who found the remains of toddler Caylee Anthony.  

Pictures: Casey and Caylee Anthony, Personal Photos

Kronk made the calls on Aug. 11 and 12 in 2008. Kronk described finding an unknown, suspicious white object and described exactly where he was, reports CBS affiliate WKMG.

During opening statements, Casey Anthony's defense team accused Kronk of somehow obtaining Caylee's remains and planting them in the woods to obtain a reward. Lead defense attorney Jose Baez described Kronk as "morally bankrupt," reports the station.

Earlier in the day all three of Casey Anthony's immediate family members were called to the stand by the defense. Casey's brother Lee and mother Cindy gave conflicting testimony.

Baez asked Cindy Anthony if she ever asked private investigators Jim Hoover and Dominic Casey to search the woods off Suburban Drive where Caylee's remains were found. She said no, the station reports.

Both private investigators testified on Monday that they were not instructed by any member of the Anthony family to search in that area. Dominic Casey said he was led there by a psychic.

Lee Anthony said his mother told him she got a psychic tip and sent Casey into the woods off Suburban Drive to search for Caylee. He said he argued with his mother about the search, because it was the first time he heard of anyone in his family searching for a deceased Caylee, according to the station.

He said he was not sure when the argument took place but it was sometime late in the year, but before he went back to work in October 2008.

Both investigators testified that the search of the area off Suburban Drive took place in November 2008, at least one month after Lee Anthony said he argued with his mother about the search.

Anthony, 25, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and could get the death penalty if convicted of that charge. Her defense attorneys claim Caylee Anthony accidentally drowned in the family's swimming pool.

The Casey Anthony case was recently reported on by "48 Hours Mystery."

Complete coverage of Casey Anthony on Crimesider