(CBS/WKMG/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - Casey Anthony has been released from the Orange County Jail, 12 days after she was acquitted of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
Anthony got into an SUV outside the Orlando jail early Sunday morning, leaving in the company of her attorney, Jose Baez, reports CBS affiliate WKMG.
Anthony, 25, was acquitted July 5 of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter in her daughter's death. But, she was found guilty on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement, and was sentenced to a total of four years in jail on the four counts, as well as a fine of $4,000, plus court costs.
Anthony told detectives several lies, including that Caylee had been kidnapped by a nonexistent nanny.
Caylee's remains were found December 2008 in woods near the home Casey Anthony shared with her parents. Her attorneys say that Caylee drowned in the family pool.
At the sentencing hearing, Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Anthony to a total of four years in jail on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement, as well as a fine of $4,000, plus court costs. However, due to credit for time served and good behavior, Anthony's release was scheduled for Sunday, July 17.
Orange County Jail officials had planned to release Anthony sometime Sunday under circumstances they refused to disclose. Experts had said she would be released in the dead of night, and her defense team did their best to keep her away from the glare of the media spotlight.
Despite the unknown official release time, more than a dozen television trucks already were outside the jail by noon Saturday, though the facility was otherwise quiet. Scores of reporters and cameramen surrounded the outside later on in the day, along with a few scattered protesters.
Details of the release are still scarce.