Want to find a good way to waste some time gather important insight into the fall TV season? Go to Twitter Search and type in the hashtag #upfronts. From doing this, I've learned the following about the ABC upfront presentation, which is going on as I type (Twitter account names in parentheses where needed):
- That Jimmy Kimmel is doing stand-up at the presentation, telling the audience: "Everything you're going to hear this week is bull****." (@HitFixDaniel)
- That ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson actually lived up to that declaration, saying: "ABC has the shows that make people feel and feel passionately." (@HitFixDaniel)
- That there's a rumor that "My Name Is Earl," which was cancelled by NBC, will move to either ABC or Fox . (@coffeewithian)
- That four or five people have re-tweeted this insight from @tvbarn: "Thanks to wifi, I can be the first to say Kelsey Grammer's new show sucks!"
- That ABC is screening an entire episode of the sitcom "Modern Family" for the audience.