Last Updated Sep 12, 2008 7:15 PM EDT
- Own it -- Don't just blame the other person; realize that you're part of the problem as well as the solution.
- Use the first person -- Use the first persona singular (the "I") to take ownership and put forward ideas like, "I think we're struggling to work effectively."
- Find common ground -- Ask yourself and your workmate about what's working in your relationship, and what are some of the key strengths each of you brings to the table.
- Express your needs -- Tactfully explain what your work needs are.
- Listen -- Sit back and listen to the other side of the story; zip your lip!