STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Ever wondered what your ideal eyebrow shape is?
Well CEO and top brow artist at Ziba Beauty, Sumita Batra, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show viewers how to perfect the best eyebrow shape!
Batra gave the following tips for Brow Beauty 101:
1.How to Find Your Ideal Brow Shape
- Always comb your brows before shaping
- Use a pencil and make a straight vertical line from the side of your nostril to your brow. The point where the pencil meets the brow is where the hairs should start. Next, turn the pencil diagonally so it intersects the outer corner of your eye. This is where the eyebrows should end.
- Lastly, move the pencil so it intersects with the iris of your eye. This is where your arch should be.
- There is an ideal brow shape for every face shape (oval, heart, square, long, etc). When in doubt, consult a brow artist trained in The Art of Threading -- having studied facial structures and the anatomy of brows, they can expertly shape your brows to achieve the perfect arch.
2. How to Groom Your Brows On The Go
If you're short on time, invest in these tools to keep your brows in place all day long:
- A hard, textured brow pencil with an oval tip
- A soft wax pencil that holds brows in place without being stick or stiff
- A multi-tasking brush that separates and brushes brows into place
3. How to Recover From a Brow Grooming Faux-Pas
- If you've over-plucked, don't attempt to even out your brows yourself -- it can lead to sparse brows that take a long time to grow back!
- See a certified brow expert for a consultation
- The right tools can help you "fake it" until your brows grow in -- brow powder or a hard, textured pencil mimics the look of brow hairs.
For more information, visit Ziba Beauty.
for more features.